Tuesday, September 8, 2015

If I Were Free



Long but tiny shackles of gold
Infinity defined by a glass dome
Freedom is all but an illusion for me
Yet I think of if I were free

Hath ages adorned no damage of fate
And let me cross the conventional gates
There would be more of me now
And to none of the masters would I ever bow

Fence life with spirit and light
And lift myself on an adventure flight
Roam around like a free bird
Bloom if I weren’t curbed in a bud

Beyond horizons beyond restrictions
Over a burden of rudimentary expectations
Would have galloped like a horse and soared like a lark
And met life at the juncture of dawn and dark

But trapped is my life, my spirit all gone

If I were free is just a thought forlorn.

- Vaisakhi Mishra 

P.S. - Photo Source - http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/daydreaming/images/22933784/title/freedom-wallpaper

6 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I visited your blog! Loved this piece of writing!
    What triggered this train of thoughts? It would be interesting to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vijeytha Di

      Yes it has been really long but glad to see you here :D The poem was supposed to be about freedom. Juggled a lot of thoughts but guess frame of mind just made me take a 'freedom is an illusion' take on the topic. Glad you liked it though :D

      Keep Visiting :)

      Delete
  2. The thoughts about freedom; the idea is eternal, isn't it? Especially when we never really get to feel it with our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the idea is eternal and so is the want...but will freedom be true ever in the ideal sense?

      Delete
  3. Wow wow wow this is really awesome. Your teach What is freedom actually and your thoughts are superbb always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey i go through your blog you have good writing skill, i like your articles and now i am commenting because i like this poem too. nice post. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete