Thursday, July 7, 2011

RENDEZVOUS WITH LOVE...




‘My Love, here I am’-I hear her say;
Resuscitating from my bed of pain.
In the realm of stars, she dazzles like the moon,
Singing, for me to come to her rescue.
Here in the darkness, I follow her light,
She plays and taunts me in the mid of the night.
Washed by the winds and passionate flare,
She stops in a dome to meet my stare.
She calls me along, like the goddess of love.
Hypnotized I follow; together now, like two doves.
Her skin is soft, caution in my touch;
I burn like fire; she smiles like a murmuring rose.
‘Close your eyes My Love’-I do as she says,
‘My love is for you, forever, from this day.’
I tighten my embrace, she shivers with life.
I wish for a kiss, she invites without strife.
I feel the darkness scurrying away.
Golden beams dancing: inviting the day.
Eyes shut; I go on for my wish.
Gone; all I hear is an airy hiss.


-VAISAKHI MISHRA

25 comments:

  1. really well written leaves so much to the reader to interpret.. I read as death being the women he follows into the light



    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/07/grand-experience.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Your choice of apt words..so apt.. :)
    For me it was like a song, starting and coming to an end with the same feel... And the lines in between- telling a story :)

    Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Vaisakhi......Like this one a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jim-lovely interpretation....:)...glad u liked it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @manshaa-thanx....hope u liked the in between story...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @abhishek-glad u liked it....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Vaisakhi:

    Yes I liked the story too, the choice of words made it even beautiful! Dreamy, playful, and romantic... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved it Varsha it felt you were telling a tale and it sounded mystic and romantic at the same time!
    Nice one :)

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...what a rhyming...I feel like I'm singing when I'm reading...It's like a story like poem...beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @manshaa-hehe...i was just kiddin...neways thanx a lot...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @fatima-thanku so much....n glad u found it romantic...;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. :O

    Gone? Beautiful and just when I thought they had it all, it was gone, in thin air.

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  14. @BA-hehe yup gone....:)
    thanku so much 4 the visit....:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a brilliantly written piece. Enjoyed it very much! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully written, very expressive,but the end made me shudder..

    ReplyDelete
  17. A rendezvous though ended, but the love will not!

    Truly lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @poonam di-glad u liked it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cn I gt ur copyryts :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. @somya-i ll have to think...:P

    ReplyDelete
  21. excellent rhythm! wonderful to read ...
    its a pleasant poem i must say !
    :)

    ReplyDelete