Sunday, April 6, 2014

Masquerade



I see the crack in that tranquil face
I sense the darkness invading our space
Forlorn love is set for its final test
And failure is what it will achieve at best

The fading colours of the fall
Turning auburn with no shade of anything I recall
The hue spreads with your increasing disbelief
Burning faith’s tint is now on the fallen leaf

Blinded by the glittery mask of flirt
I fell into your arms like your desert
But you played with my feelings like a broken doll
If only had I sensed the devil you were behind that wall

I am holding on to the illusion of the love masquerade
For reality is grave and I would do all I can to evade
I know it all just slipped away
But letting go is so much more than I can say

I see the darkness now seeping out of you
Your poker face turning all my nightmares true
‘Cause hidden is a hungry sadistic smile
Singing in silence - this one is down another will be mine!


-Vaisakhi Mishra

14 comments:

  1. I am holding on to the illusion of the love masquerade
    For reality is grave and I would do all I can to evade ! !
    these two lines are just awesome :)
    very beautifully described..really touching !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's often so difficult to identify the face behind the mask, and when you do, it's just too late ... very beautifully written buddy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes your intuition tells you something's not right, but your heart doesn't wanna listen. And then you get hurt.

    The bigger mistake however, would be to not learn from your mistakes.

    Cheers
    CRD

    Updated my blog with a poem. Do drop by :)
    www.scriptedinsanity.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Human Emotions and their traps...not always can we see the truth...will surely visit your blog...thanku so much for your visit..:)

      Delete
  4. Wow!
    This is truly a magic piece from your pen. I love each and every line of it and the beautiful rhyme moving along with the meaning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanku so much Simi...:) Glad u liked it..:)

      Delete
  5. ..Good one!!!...loved the rhyming Vaisakhi..
    ..modern day love is such..it comes wearing a mask of deceit,lies and conditions..we do sense something wrong before taking the plunge...even then like moths,we are ready to jump into the fire of love..by the time we realize..love consumes us..
    ..keep writing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanku so much Rigzin...and what you wrote is so amazing crude and true at the same time!

      Delete
  6. It might be that they are wearing it to remain unknown from this society ......to be what they wish to be.... Will they will be accepted by the society as a Superhero without The Mask ??.. though people are using it to hide their originality in different sense .. nice poem .. beautifully written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another perspective to it...and something we cant really rule out either...:)
      Thanku so much Ankur..:)

      Delete
  7. first time visiting your blog :)
    wonderful reflection post,

    ReplyDelete